- Bug Reporter Kit 1.5
- Fixed some localization bugs.
- Fixed compilation bugs for Xojo 2019r3
- Changed email script to mark email as UTF-8.
- Add list of current visible windows with focused control to the report.
- Updated to Xojo 2021
- Web Starter Kit 1.6
- Fixed over 300 changes for Xojo Web 2.0 API
- Updated for Xojo 2021
- Updater Kit 2.3
- Changed HTTPSocket to URLConnection class for newer API.
- Updated Sparkle framework
- Moved projects to 64-bit
- Uses Info.plist added to project
- Uses Build Step for MacOS to copy Sparkle.framework and key file.
- Changed some URLs to https:// for app transport security.
- Replaced updated app on server to be signed.
- Using SSLConnectionTypes.TLSv12 now for socket.
- Fixed kCheckSumNodeName to not include 32 as bit number is added later.
- Updated to Xojo 2021.
It will be held March 30-April 1st, 2022 in London, England at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury. This conferences is the best place to meet Xojo developers from around the world in real live, make contacts, present yourself as expert and learn what is new in Xojo. Tickets are available in the Xojo store and if you bring your partner, you can order an extra guest ticket for the dinner events.
Check out the conference highlights video if you want to see what it's like - or ask one of the many attendees from the forum!
Wether you are full or part time Xojo developer, this is your chance to learn all about the Web 2.0 framework, the Android progress and what's new in the Xojo world.
To get there, please use public transportation. The piccadilly line brings you right from Heathrow Airport to Russell Square Station, just next to the hotel. That trip should cost about 3 £ and you may just pay by tap in/out with your NFC enabled credit card or phone. Otherwise buy an Oyster card and load money on it if you don't have such a card. If you come by Eurostar train through the tunnel from France, you can exit Pancras station and just walk to the hotel. Otherwise take one station via subway to Russell Square Station. That station is right behind the hotel block.
See you soon there!
In this article I want to introduce you the new functionalities from the MBS Xojo Plugins in version 21.4.
Let's starts with the news from DynaPDF. With the methods CreateTraceFile and AppendTraceFile you can create and append a file that log debugging information. The plugin writes debug messages to this file so you can check which methods you called. The AppendTraceFile method is practical because with this method it is possible to append debug information and not need to override it.
Another new method from the DynaPDFMBS class is the GetInIsTaggedPDF method. It returns true if the currently opened PDF is a tagged PDF.
We have the new method ReadFileMBS for FolderItems to allow you the transfer of a file into a memory block. In the parameters we specify the memory block element in which the result should be stored. As return of the method we get a true if the file was read as a memory block.
In this context, the new method FindByteMBS for memory blocks is also interesting . With this method we can search for given characters in a memory block. In the parameters we specify an array with the characters to be searched in UInt8. Additionally we can specify from which position in the memory block to search. The default is 0 (At the beginning). The method returns the first position in the memory block where there was a hit. In the following example the positions of the first two hits are determined.
Dim m As MemoryBlock = "Hello World"
Dim u() As UInt8
Dim pos1 As Integer = m.FindByteMBS(u)
Dim pos2 As Integer = m.FindByteMBS(u, pos1+1)
MsgBox "Found position: "+Str(pos1)+" and „+Str(pos2)
Stefanie shows how to use our MBS Xojo DynaPDF Plugin in Xojo.
|Xojo and DynaPDF|
Watch on Youtube
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions.
We like to explain everyone how to setup TeamViewer on macOS for remote support.
Go to teamviewer.com and download the Teamviewer app, e.g. teamviewer.dmg. As far as I see you can directly click download on the cookie dialog and then close the website, but the webdesign may change. No need to allow cookies!
Once downloaded, you open the disk image.
Please make sure the domain shown in the GateKeeper dialog is only www.teamviewer.com and nothing different.(more)
Once the day is done for the last time zones (greetings to our Hawaiian Xojo developers), we can tear down the ads and close the store.
Please make sure all pending orders are paid full until Monday.
We updated our WordFileMBS class to substitute any text in the word file with Substitute method or check if some text is there with Contains method.
In this release we add thread pooling for Windows. This highly benefits some methods using threads like PerformMT in CURLSMBS to recycle threads and lower the memory footprint.
For Windows we added a WinMouseFilterMBS class to universally get mouse events for all controls in your applications. Our WebView2ControlMBS control to use Microsoft Edge/Chrome browser control got new properties for preferences, e.g. to decide whether password fields auto fill.
Our DynaPDF plugin got a DeleteOCGFromDisplayTree method to delete optional content. The GetInIsTaggedPDF method can tell you whether your import PDF is a tagged one. For our Graphics.DrawString integration in PDF we added better code to draw text condensed. Finally we enhanced our tracing feature to append to a log file.
For iOS we got a new SharingPanelMBS class to show the sharing panel and e.g. post multiple pictures to photos application or send several files via AirDrop. We improved NSViewMBS class for iOS (using UIView of course) and fixed issues with submitting to the App Store.
We added FieldExists method for SQLCommandMBS class, the FindByteMBS method for MemoryBlock taking an array of bytes to look for and we added HEAD as verb for SetupAWS and SetupOAuth method in CURLSMBS class. The new isWindows11 function in SystemInformationMBS module may be helpful in the future, WKPreferencesMBS got more properties and NSComboBoxControlMBS class got working keydown events.
Finally we updated CURL library to version 7.78.0, DynaPDF to 22.214.171.124 and SQLAPI to 5.1.5.
See release notes for a complete list of changes.
Today we want to look on seven different ways on how to implement a function to count the number of space characters in a string. Sounds simple, but depending how you code it, the performance will be much different.
All examples here use BackgroundTasks and NilObjectChecking disabled to avoid extra overhead. If background tasks are enabled, Xojo would insert a call to check for other threads due and we usually disable that in a tight loop as the check needed could take more than what the code inside the loop does. And when we deal with memory blocks below, we don't need to check whether the Memoryblock is nil on every access.
Let's start with the most high level view by using String.Middle function:
The Middle() function does some more on text processing here like looking how many bytes one UTF-8 character takes. Since our space we look for is just one byte, we don't need that and can optimize by using MiddleBytes later.(more)
Since some of you are on vacation, the offer got a final extension till 10th September 2021:
Get the top developer tools and third party components for the Xojo cross-platform development platform at a huge savings.
Omegabundle for Xojo 2021 is a collection of the most useful tool sets, add-ons, digital books and components for use with Xojo Inc's Xojo development environment. If purchased separately and not including any additional offers, the total cost would be over $3871. Omegabundle for Xojo 2021 costs $399.99.
Xojo is an award-winning, cross-platform development tool for the Desktop (macOS, Windows, Linux), Web, iOS (iPad/iPhone) and Raspberry Pi. With Xojo, you can create native applications by using drag-and-drop to build your user interface and then one straight-forward programming language to enable the functionality. Xojo is powerful and modern, yet easy to use and learn.
- Ohanaware App Wrapper (UPDATED). Prepare your application for the Mac App Store or Web Distribution (macOS only app)
- Ohanaware App Kit (UPDATED). A huge collection of declares and objects that Ohanaware has created over the years to help us with crafting better macOS applications. Your next macOS app starts here!
- ExeWrapper (NEW). Microsoft Authenticode Signing - right from Mac! ExeWrapper enables you to code sign Windows executables on a macOS machine. (macOS only app)
- DMG Canvas (NEW). Drag, drop and design your disk image's appearance and to easily and quickly create a fully assembled disk image ready to ship. (macOS only app)
- GrafittiSuite Desktop Edition (UPDATED). 55 (up from 53 from 2020!) incredible user interface controls for Xojo that add value and improve the professional appeal of your Xojo applications.
- XDL Library (NEW).Get some of the best articles from xDev Library, a brand-new ebook, Xojo Database Collection(XDL-0019), that weighs in at over 400 pages
- MBS Chart Director for Xojo (UPDATED). Professional, interactive, real-time charts in your Xojo applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
- MBS DynaPDF Starter Edition for Xojo (UPDATED). Create PDF files with your applications on Mac, Windows and Linux. Desktop, Console and Web projects.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Studio Pro 11 (UPDATED). Ultimate reports designer, database administration and forms creation tool that runs on all three operating systems - Windows, macOS, Linux. Select one OS version.
- Paradigma Software ValentinaDB ADK 10 for Xojo (UPDATED). Embed the ultra-fast, object-relational Valentina database into your applications and deploy royalty free - Windows, macOS, Linux, including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Reports ADK 10for Xojo (UPDATED). Generate visually rich reports as graphics, web pages or PDF from your Xojo applications on Windows, macOS, Linux including Raspberry PI! Also works with local SQLite files and as a client to Valentina Server.
- Paradigma Software Valentina Server Unlimited (UPDATED). 4-in-1 Reports Server, Forms Server along with two database servers: one built on object-relational Valentina Database and the other on SQLite. Report and forms serving works with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and the included Valentina and SQLite servers
- xDev Magazine (UPDATED). Get back issues and a year’s subscription to xDev Magazine, the professional's magazine for developing with Xojo.
- XDC Developer Conference Coupon (NEW). Save $100 off of the XDC Developer Conference 2022 in London! Coupon must be used before the end of 2021.
- Added ReadFileMBS for reading file data into MemoryBlock.
- Updated SQLAPI to version 5.1.5.
- Added FieldExists method to SQLCommandMBS class.
- Fixed Graphics.DrawString to better draw condensed text for DynaPDFMBS class.
- Added isWindows11 function to SystemInformationMBS module.
- Fixed problems with AVFoundation Plugin and a conflicting function name for iOS apps.
Or ask us to be added to our shared Dropbox folder.
Often-Used Calculations by Markus Winter
Markus explores how to create an interface for frequently-used calcuations.
How to Make a Bad App by Marc Zeedar
It takes great effort to make a truly bad app. Marc explains just how to do it!
A Xojo Business Solutions Platform by Steve Pardoe
More than a year in the making, Steve explains how he built a business platform using Xojo.
Exploring Cryptography, Part 3 by Eugene Dakin
In his series on cryptography, Eugene explores something called the Polyalphabetic Substitution Cipher.
An Idea Xojo's Future by Markus Winter
Markus presents a radical proposal for Xojo's future.
After a year of development, the plugin was released to the public on 1st Sep 2007 with MBS Plugin 7.6pr1.
This plugin has been a big success for us and provides the PDF engine to thousands of Xojo applications around the world. Based on user feedback we got a lot of functions over the years like the raster engine, PDF/A conversion and ZUGFeRD support.
Please make sure you try the plugin, make it part of your toolbox and start to enjoy all the PDF features you can add to your application.
PS: The OmegaBundle 2021 includes a DynaPDF Starter license and is a great way to get a license.