XOJO MBS Developer Conference 2015 in London
You can read more soon in the XDEV Magazine or join the dinner tonight.
Interested in a conference 2016?
You can show your interested by filling out our survey to find the date for 2016.
Those commands will remove unreferenced objects and recompress the repository. For me that worked great and for example a 4 GB repository shrunk down to 600 MB. That saves a lot of disk space here. Try at your own risk. Remote repositories may need extra work to upload the new state.
git reflog expire --expire=now --all
git fsck --full --unreachable
git repack -A -d
git gc --aggressive --prune=now
So today we emailed people from 2013 to remind them to update before the end of 2015.
The key idea is that we offer discounted license prices for renewing licenses to honor you staying up to date.
Thank you for supporting Monkeybread Software.
|Xojo Black Friday Sale
Save 20% storewide!
If you like to order your new MBS licenses through us, we will of course offer the same discount. Just contact us.
The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which extend the Xojo (Real Studio) development environment with 2,200 classes featuring over 57,000 documented functions. Our plugins support all three platforms Mac OS X, Windows and Linux with all project types desktop, web and console.
Some of the highlights on the 15.4 update:
We happy to ship our first Xojo plugins supporting both 64-bit targets and Raspberry Pi. In general everything what is working on Linux should now work on Raspberry Pi, too. For 64-bit all classes should work, except those using deprecated APIs from Apple. But those are marked as deprecated in the plugin. Features not supported for 64-bit include QuickTime and ATS classes. We even have some 64-bit only classes for EventKit and Social frameworks from Apple. Be aware that for SQL Plugin and other plugins using external libraries, you may need new libraries for 64-bit.
If you need to sign text or data and later verify whether the signature is valid, you can now use our elliptic curve signature functions. You generate a private and public key. With the private key you can sign a piece of data. Someone else can now verify the data integrity by checking the signature with the public key.
For users of Microsoft Word we have a few functions for Mac, Windows and Linux to edit Word files (docx and xml Format) and replace placeholder texts with text. You can use this to personalize word files with texts from your database.
For our SQL Plugin we got a new ConnectMT method to do the connecting to a database on a preemptive thread, so the connect will not block the user interface of your application. For date fields we improved the handling, so you now get a nil instead of a bad date value. We updated SQLite to version 3.9.2 including support for FTS5 and JSON extensions.
Finally we got new spline calculation class, better email parsing, support for RC5 cipher and new functions to read text tracks in AVFoundation.
See release notes for a complete list of changes.
- Updated DynaPDF to version 22.214.171.124.
- Added SQLConnectionMBS.ConnectMT.
- Added Description and ModelText properties to CGColorSpaceMBS class.
- Little fixes for 64-bit.
- Fixed crash related to ImageCaptureEventsMBS.cameraDeviceDidDownloadFile event.
- Recompiled CURL with max buffer size of 1 MB. OptionBufferSize is set to 16K as before, but you can now change it to bigger buffer.
- Changed SQL functions returning Date to check if date is empty and return nil in that case.
- Fixed possible crash with AddItemToObject and AddItemToArray in JSONMBS class.
- Fixed crash in Picture.HMirrorPictureMBS function with 64-bit.
- Fixed PrintDialogMBS to work again on current OS.
- Updated HASPHLDMBS class to use newer Sentinel SDK.
- Added WordFileMBS class.
We are pleased to add Bob's presentation to our schedule:
We still have some last tickets available for interested Xojo developers. Or if you just want to join one of the evening dinners, please contact us soon.
Reporting using BKeeney Shorts
The built in reporting tool is find for simple reports but for many it's not powerful enough. BKS Shorts is a 100% Xojo solution that allows you to create complex reports in code. With the addition of a new report designer you can create external report files and can even embed a report designer into your Xojo desktop applications.
See schedule and register.
The conference will start on 26th November 2015 in the evening with a casual get-together. The exact location will be given earlier same day. Meet your colleagues, have a drink together and chat about what's new in Xojo world.
Our conference sessions will run on 27 November 2015 from about 9:00 to 17:00 o'clock with lunch and coffee breaks in-between.
The current schedule:
|09:20||Stephane Pinel||Xojo Keynote||What's new in Xojo this year and what is coming|
|10:00||Bob Keeney||Reporting using BKeeney Shorts||BKS Shorts is a 100% Xojo solution for reporting, now with a new report designer.|
|11:00||Christian Schmitz||MBS Keynote||New in MBS Plugins|
|12:00||Tomas Jakobs||Products||How to create a product. Tomas will take us on a journey how to shape a Product out of a XOJO software project.|
|12:20||Chris Carter||Controlling||Controlling a model train with Xojo|
|13:30||Øjvind Søgaard Andersen||Xojo in Broadcast|
|14:00||Richard Duke||Made with Xojo||Artscene and ACMS, applications made in Xojo|
|14:15||Christian Schmitz||PDF in Xojo||Overview about PDF solutions for Xojo|
|14:45||Jakob Krabbe||Quality Internet||A short introduction to how things can be the same as today but better.|
|15:10||David Cox||Scaling Web Apps||The things I've learned about supporting Xojo Web Apps for unlimited clients|
|16:00||Norman Palardy||Xojo Q&A||Ask questions about Xojo to one of the engineers |
(via video conference)
|17:00||Christian Schmitz||CURL||What you can do with CURL, the powerful library for network transfers.|
|17:30||Closing Session||Raffle & Goodbye|
If you like to join, please register soon. Cost is 69 £ including VAT.
- Added color parameter for DynaPDFMBS.ShowDifferences function.
- Fixed bug with GenUID in Rockey2MBS class.
- Fixed bug with NSFontManagerMBS class.
- Changed BeginLayer and EndLayer to pass handle for optional content object in DynaPDFParseInterfaceMBS class.
- Added MimeEmailMBS.Source property.
- Updated DynaPDF to version 126.96.36.199.
- Changed VLCMediaPlayerMBS to cleanup more and remove any window reference or callback for you.
- Updated SQLite to 3.9.2. Now with FTS5 and JSON extensions enabled.
- Deprecated ImageCaptureMBS class as Apple stopped supporting the underlaying APIs. Please switch to newer IC* classes.
- A Simple Hint System * by Markus Winter
Markus shares a way to offer users unobtrusive help. It can also be used instead of invasive "nag" screens.
- 64-Bit Conversion * by Sam Rowlands
Xojo 64-bit support is finally here, but what does it mean to your projects? Sam explains how you can update declares in your apps for 64-bit.
- Staying Out of Jail * by Mark Strickland
The U.S. has strict regulations about encrypting medical data. Mark shares his technique for keeping the government off your back!
- A Multicore Processing Primer * by Markus Winter
Are you confused about multi-processing? Markus begins a series explaining everything you need to know about it.
- Medication Alerts, Part One * by JC Cruz
JC's epic health journal app series continues, this time covering presenting medical alerts to the user.
As you see you can now use RB Class in the search criteria popup and look explicit for projects using a given class name:
On Oct 30, 2015, Thomas Tempelmann has released a new version of the Spotlight importer for Xojo.
It allows Spotlight to search projects saved by the Xojo (and Real Studio) IDE.
The importer used to be included in Real Studio and early Xojo IDEs until about 2 years ago. This version by Thomas Tempelmann is functionally the same, as a standalone plugin, and updated to support the latest Xojo project formats.
More information and download here: tempel.org/RB/SpotlightImporter
And of course you have full text search in your Xojo and Real Studio projects.
- 12703 - OutOfBoundsException exceptions should have details
For our bug reports it would help a lot to have ubounds and index included.
- 38829 - Add details to TypeMismatchException message
We'd like to have details on why this exception was raised.
- 37586 - TypeMismatchException should show message with required and existing types for auto data type usage
Here we'd like to have the details like: Need Int32, but got String.
- 32225 - KeyNotFoundException should have details
Please get string value for key and add it to the error message.
- 35431 - OutOfMemoryException should have details in message
Here you could include the amount of bytes which couldn't be allocated.
- 22193 - Show Exception message in debugger
I see a lot of people ask me what's going on with plugin functions. The plugin raises an exception, but nobody reads the details. So if editor shows exception, it could show message inline.
The following contingent is timing out soon (3rd November). So if you like to join the conference, reserve your room soon:
The offer expired!
For 27th November, we have blocked:
- Club Double Rooms at £70 per room
- Classic Double Room at £79 per room
Full English Breakfast is £11.95 or £8.95 if booked in advance.
Guests should call our Reservations department on 0844 567 8950 to reserve their room, quoting ‘Monkey Bread’, in order to obtain the preferential rate.
If the night of the 26th is required, I can offer the following rates:
- Club Double Room at £92 room only
- Classic Double Room at £100 room only