The plug-ins require REALbasic 2006r4 or newer. Also required are 500 MB hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements of REALbasic and your operation system itself. While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS X (universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete collection. Starting at 20 Euro ($28 USD) for one component. The complete package costs 196 Euro ($275 USD) for commercial usage.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year. After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional year.
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS' website as one big package or several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 9.6:
- Added CoreLocation classes: CLLocationMBS and CLLocationManagerMBS.
- Added OpenCLMBS module.
- Added Spotlight search classes MDQueryMBS and MDItemMBS.
- Added Rockey2MBS class for Rockey 2 dongles.
- Added GZipFileMBS.OpenString
- Added Window.WinTopMostWindowMBS.
- Added grammar functions for NSSpellCheckerMBS.
- Added ResultAsStringArray and ResultDisplayString to AppleScriptMBS class.
- Added constants to CURLMBS.
- Added MouseEnter and MouseExit events to OverlayWindowMBS class.
- Added CGWindowListCreateCGImageMBS method.
- Added ResultID and ScriptID to AppleScriptMBS.
- Added more methods to NSAffineTransformMBS, NSLocaleMBS, NSResponderMBS, NSErrorMBS and NSCursorMBS.
- Added NSScreenMBS class.
- Added DynaPDFMBS.ConvColor method.
- Added SetColorMap and GetColorMap to TiffPictureMBS class.
- Added more CoreImage filter for Mac OS X 10.6.
- Added RegistrationEngineMBS.Platform property.
- Added NSRangeMBS class.
- Added ChartDirector methods which take arrays of date objects to make usage easier.
- Added ProcessMBS functions to query path of Windows processes.
- Added boolean return values to Carbon Windows Events so you can return true and tell the system you handled the event.
- Plugins now include code for Cocoa targets.
- Updated DynaPDF to version 184.108.40.2062.
- Updated NSLocaleMBS for SnowLeopard.
- Fixed problems with CocoaControlMBS and WebViewControlMBS.
- Fixed some autorelease pool console messages for Sparkle Cocoa plugin.
- Removed MacScripting part as it does not work correctly and makes too much work on Snow Leopard.
- Changed a lot of Cocoa methods to use NSRectMBS, NSRangeMBS, NSSizeMBS and NSPointMBS instead of simple values.
- Removed InitializeCocoaMBS, DisableGarbageCollectorMBS, EnableGarbageCollectorMBS, UseCocoaMemoryDebugMBS and InitializeCocoaMBS.
- Removed NSLocaleStringArrayMBS, NSSpellCheckerStringArrayMBS, CIStringArrayMBS, PDFStringArrayMBS, PDFSelectionArrayMBS, PDFAnnotationArrayMBS and PDFPageArrayMBS class. Now we use REALbasic arrays.
- Changed memory management for Cocoa. Now a NSAutoreleasePool is placed on start and you need to keep an eye on the pools yourself. RB 2009r4 does it automatically. Report if you see a big leak with Cocoa objects.
- Fixed GrowIconMBS class (no longer crashes in event).
- Setting NSStatusItemMBS.Image should not leak any more.
- OpenMacOSXPreferencesPaneMBS now works with preferences panes in Library and User Library folder, too.
- Fixed a bug in WindowsFolderChangeMBS when using more than 1000 objects.
- Fixed a memory leak in NSImageMBS.InitWithPicture.
- The plugin now keeps a list of Cocoa objects so the plugin can return you the same REALbasic object for the same Cocoa object.
- Removed NSSpellCheckerRangeMBS. Now using NSRangeMBS class.
- Changed SpellChecker code. You need to change your code.
- IKSlideShowMBS works on Snow Leopard now.
- PictureReaderMBS/PictureWriterMBS/PictureEditorMBS now work on Cocoa.
- CocoaControlMBS should now work for Cocoa target.
- PNG plugin is now more console friendly.
- Compiled now with minimum support Mac OS X version being 10.4. Still over 90% of the plugins work on Mac OS X 10.3.9 but you need to test yourself.
Read the complete release notes here:
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.shtml or visit
the list archive at